Monday, January 26, 2009

Got nothing better to do...

I'm bored right now so I think I'll do a little writing. I don't know how good it will be but a bit of warning. It will be science fiction and it may b dark. Not bad dark, but dark. Here goes...

Charvik looked up at the night sky. A full moon which was a great omen. He gathered his blaster rifle and pack and went out into the forest. Creeping along the ground, he used his keen cat like senses to detect any movement, any noise. Ah, there it was. The sound of a narvak trying to creep through the thick brush unnoticed. Charvik smiled and bared his teeth. The four fangs glistened in what moonlight there was to be seen. He reached for the rifle slung around his back, enjoying the feel of his claws embracing the familiar object. His fur stood up in anticipation of the hunt. He moved deeper into the forest, fifteen maybe twenty paces at most. Then he laid his eyes upon the beautiful creature. It looked so fragile, so innocent. It stood on it's hind legs, alert to the slightest thing. But Charvik had intelligence and had long ago learned the art of forest survival. He sighted down his rifle, making sure it was set for kill. He took aim at the narvak's had, and fired. The noise was deafening and in foreign the forest, so out of place. The pulse of light shot forward from the muzzle, moving so quickly one could only catch a glimpse. It struck the skull of the creature but didn't stop. The beam went right through the skull, bringing with it bone fragments and brain matter. It kept going until finally it connected with a tree, leaving a smoking hole in it's wake. The narvak lay on the ground motionless, smoke rising from the hole in it's head. Charvik moved forward until he was on top of his prey. More than enough for his pet drack, but first he had to eat. Letting forth a blood curdling howl of satisfaction, Charvik bared his teeth and began his feast...

I think it's good for now. If I ever get enough comments on this I may continue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment